About Your Visit & Preparation - How do I prep for my test?
- Do not wear lotion, perfume, deodorant, or powder in the breast or underarm area the day of exam.
- If you are a new patient, it is important you bring previous mammogram films and report.
Preparation for Biopsy:
- No aspirin or “blood thinner” one week prior to biopsy.
- Please consult your physician prior to discontinuing medications.
- Nothing to eat, drink, or smoke 8 hours prior to appointment time.
OB Less than 14 weeks and Pelvic Ultrasound:
- Drink 32 oz. of water, finishing 30 minutes prior to exam.
- Arrive with a very full bladder. It is important that you DO NO EMPTY YOUR BLADDER prior to exam.
- Pelvic ultrasound should not be scheduled during menstruation.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI):
- If you have a pacemaker, metallic implant, previous brain surgery, or have had metal fragments in your eyes, or known allergies to Gadolinium, please call Sand Lake Imaging prior to your appointment time.
- Creatinine/BUN is required for MRI within 45 days, if your are renal insufficient, diabetic or hypertensive.
- Sand Lake Imaging will instruct you if preparation is necessary.
CT (CT with Contrast):
- Please call Sand Lake Imaging if you are diabetic or are known to have allergies to CT contract and/or IVP dye.
- In some instances, a preparation is required. You will be told at the time you make your appointment.
- Creatinine/BUN required for CT within 90 days if 65 or older, renal insufficient or diabetic.
- Do not eat or drink anything for 4 hours prior to your exam, with exception of water.
- Avoid strenuous activity and caffeine 24 hours in advance of your study.
- Bring previous CT and/or MRI CD to appointment.
- Diabetic patients blood sugar needs to be stable and in the range of 70-200 at time of study and stable.
- You should not be scheduled within two weeks of any diagnostic or CT exam utilizing Barium.
- Do not wear clothes containing with metal (example: underwire bra).
- Patients should not be scheduled within two weeks of any diagnostic or CT exam utilizing Barium.
- Do not wear clothes with metal (example: underwire bra).
- Adults: nothing to eat or drink 4 hours prior to the exam.
- You MUST have a driver with you at the time of your appointment. If you do not have a driver with you at the time of your appointment, your exam will be rescheduled.
For any questions relating to your preparation for your appointment please call 407-363-2772 Press 6 (for Spanish).
Click here for Insurance Information & Billing
How do I order my images?
All Image requests require a 24 hour notice for processing. To order your images please call our office 407-363-2772 and dial 2103.
Have the following information available:
- For what exam are you requesting images
- Will you require CD or Film
- Where/Who will you be taking the Films/CD
- When will you be picking up your order and at which location
Please note that if someone other than yourself is picking up your images, we must have a signed release form, from you authorizing the person to pick up your images. They must have a photo ID at the time of pick up.